nanog mailing list archives

Re: Brocade unsupported transceiver?

From: Eric Litvin <eric () lumaoptics net>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 15:58:49 -0700

You need to program the passive dac to look like an active dac. Brocade wants active.

Ping me if you want help.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2018, at 3:36 PM, Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net> wrote:

No one knows of such a command and apparently the VDX line is finicky with what passive DACs they'll work with. I
just ordered more of the ones I know that work.

Tangent: Is it normal for these guys to still transmit light even when the interface is shut?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com