nanog mailing list archives

Re: China ’s Maxim – Leave No Access Point Unexploited: The Hidden Story of China Telecom’ s BGP Hijacking

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 13:56:55 -0500

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 1:11 PM Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:

China Telecom's response:
They forgot to mention that it's technically possible to filter
advertisements from their customer. Which apparently they were/are not
really doing.

luckily, CT is the only isp not doing good filtering, or we would be
having mis-originations and route leaks every day.  oh, wait.

Perhaps what you meant to say here was:
  "Everyone NOT currently filtering should take page out of this latest
public incident and talk to their management about: 'hey, we really don't
want to look like them folks.. let's figure out this filtering jazz eh'"