nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 traffic percentages?

From: "Radu-Adrian Feurdean" <nanog () radu-adrian feurdean net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:00:50 +0200

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017, at 08:18, Mukom Akong T. wrote:

On 18 June 2017 at 17:36, Radu-Adrian Feurdean <nanog@radu-
adrian.feurdean.net> wrote:>> so for the record, business customers are much more active in
 *rejecting* IPv6, either explictely (they say they want it
 disabled) or>>  implicitly (they install their own router, not configured for
 IPv6). The>>  bigger the business, the bigger the chance of rejection.

Did they per chance state their reasons for rejecting it?

Not explicitly. But when we get something like "turn off that IPv6 crap
!" we take it for: - they don't have a clearly defined need for it
 - they don't know how to deal with it
 - they don't want to deal with things they don't need (see the
   irst point)... usually all of them at the same time.

To make it short : education. And we as as small ISP we have neither the
resources, nor the motivation (because $$$ on the issue is negative) to
do it (the education).
--
R-A.F.