nanog mailing list archives

Re: Perspectives about customer M/A/C in triple play environments

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 20:16:26 -0400

Honestly if I'm paying for a TV service I should be able to plug in the device anywhere I have network. Look at what
cell carriers have done with wifi calling. Have Internet? Have SMS, voice etc.

If I'm consuming with a STB or a phone or VLC to ASCII plugin as long as I pass the authentication I should have
access.

Segmenting is just asking for trouble.

Jared Mauch