nanog mailing list archives

Re: junkmailers take the day off....?

From: Måns Nilsson <mansaxel () besserwisser org>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 11:12:29 +0100

Subject: Re: junkmailers take the day off....? Date: Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 01:50:31AM +0000 Quoting Mel Beckman (mel ()
beckman org):
I'm seeing the same thing. Weird.

-mel via cell

On Mar 19, 2016, at 6:29 PM, Mike <mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com> wrote:

Hi,

   This is not a complaint, but today seems to be a major disturbance in the force...my junkmail load seems to be
WAAAYYYY down today, like they all are out at the beach or something... some major botnet get shutdown or
something???

A large portion of the Swedish newspaper web sites were hit with a fairly
large attack yesterday evening MET, around 1830UTC. Perhaps the keyword is
"retasked". Fwiw, I also saw a decline in my spamcount.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668