nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why the US Government has so many data centers

From: "Mark T. Ganzer" <ganzer () spawar navy mil>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 11:57:29 -0800

Note that I an not answering in any sort of "official" capacity....but I will instead ask this for your consideration: Do servers in "test, stage, development, or any other environment" really need to have the same environmental, power and connectivity requirements that "production" servers have? And should a dev lab containing a couple of servers and a few developers really be called a "datacenter"?

-Mark Ganzer
SSC-PAC San Diego Code 82700
Office/Voice mail: 619-553-1186   NOC: 619-553-5881