nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

From: Alex Buie <alex.buie () frozenfeline net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 16:53:22 -0400

This is not a zero sum solution. Fallback to IP geolocation if more precise
location detection is not available, but if it is, use that. You could even
have a "location score" composite index composed of all the different
locale and historical session data you've accumulated. (cf things like
cloudflare bad-actor detection which uses many heuristics to determine if
you are who you say you are and whether to serve content to you)