nanog mailing list archives

Re: PCH Peering Paper

From: Fredrik Korsbäck <hugge () nordu net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 00:48:31 +0100

On 11/02/16 00:34, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
I quoted a PCH peering paper at the Peering Track. (Not violating rules, talking about myself.)

The paper is:
      https://www.pch.net/resources/Papers/peering-survey/PCH-Peering-Survey-2011.pdf

I said “99.97%” of all peering sessions have nothing behind them more than a “handshake” or an email. It seems I was
in error. Mea Culpa.

The number in the paper, on page one is, 99.52%.

Hopefully everyone will read the paper, and perhaps help create better data.

Well, how about crowdsourcing some data?

3145 eBGP settlement-free peering-sessions (v4 and v6 combined) in US and EU. 350k routes recieved over SFI peering.

1 Written contract in EU for SFI
1 Written contract in US for SFI

R&E Sector

--