nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDoS mitigation for ISPs

From: Job Snijders <job () instituut net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:53:55 +0100

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 08:42:31AM -0700, Mike wrote:
 Is there any DDoS mitigation service provider that can scrub traffic
 for an ISP network?

Yeah, plenty. A non-exhaustive list: Prolexic, Incapsula, Staminus or
Nexusguard. There is no lack of choice.

I have an ASN and BGP and my own netblocks, and I have a 1gbps pipe. I
was thinking the scenario would be during attack, we could bring up a
tunnel and run bgp over it and advertise some portion of our ip space
thru it. I realise getting it setup while attack is taking place would
be a little hard and that we likely could expect at least some down
time.

It is more common to set up the GRE tunnel before hand, and just send
out the BGP announcement of the /24 when an IP within that /24 is under
attack.

Kind regards,

Job