nanog mailing list archives

Re: [SECURITY] Application layer attacks/DDoS attacks

From: jim deleskie <deleskie () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 09:49:07 -0300

Keith,

  I agree, we can't even get everyone including some LARGE ( I'll avoid
Tier's because people get stupid around that too) networks to filter
customers based on assigned netblocks.

-jim

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Keith Medcalf <kmedcalf () dessus com> wrote:

Without a concomitant increase in "trustworthy", assigning greater levels
of trust is fools endeavour.  Whatever this trusted network initiative is,
I take that  it was designed by fools or government (the two are usually
indistinguishable) for the purpose of creating utterly untrustworthy
networks.