nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rasberry pi - high density

From: Chris Boyd <cboyd () gizmopartners com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 17:33:53 -0500

On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 14:36 -0700, Peter Baldridge wrote:
I don't know how to do the math for the 'vat of oil scenario'.  It's
not something I've ever wanted to work with.

It's pretty interesting what you can do with immersion cooling.  I work
with it at $DAYJOB.  Similar to air cooling, but your coolant flow rates
are much lower than air, and you don't need any fans in the systems--The
pumps take the place of those.

We save a lot of money on the cooling side, since we don't need to
compress and expand gases/liquids.  We can run with warmish (25-30C)
water from cooling towers, and still keep the systems at a target
temperature of 35C.

--Chris