nanog mailing list archives

Re: content regulation, was Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 2 Mar 2015 04:49:28 -0000

In article <54F3D78A.5080009 () satchell net> you write:
On 03/01/2015 05:53 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
Business customers only get static from Comcast if they pay extra for it.

That's also true for Charter.  I know of one ISP offering DSL that gives
its customers static addresses.  Only one.  That doesn't mean there
aren't more that do.

The tiny telco owned DSL ISP here gives you a static IP if you call
them up and ask for one.  Otherwise you're double-NAT-ed.

I switched to cable since their top speed was 6 megabits, even through
I'm two blocks from the CO.  They said I can have fiber if I pay for
them to string it from the CO to my house.  Uh, no.

R's,
John