nanog mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint IPS

From: Terry Baranski <terry.baranski.list () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 14:29:39 -0500

On 6 Feb 2015, at 1:40pm, Roland Dobbins wrote:

*Real* security mostly consists of *doing things*.  It requires skilled,
experienced
people who have both broad and deep expertise across the entire OSI
model, are
well-versed in architecture and the operational arts, and who understand
all the
implications of scale.

And if there's one person qualified to comment on what "real security" is,
it's a person who has "never heard a plausible anecdote of [IPS] devices
actually 'preventing' anything." :-)

-Terry