nanog mailing list archives

Re: [c-nsp] Peering + Transit Circuits

From: Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:02:48 -0400

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Scott Granados <scott () granados-llc net>
wrote:

So in our case we terminate peering and transit on different routers.
Peering routers have well flow enabled (the one that starts with a J that’s
inline).  With NFSEN / NFDUMP we’re able to collect that flow data and look
for anomalous flows or other issues. We pretty much detect and then deal
with peering issues rather than prevent them with whitelists and so forth
but then again we’ve been lucky and not experienced to many issues other
than the occasional leakage of prefixes and such which maxprefix handles
nicely.

Can I ask why you terminate peering and transit on different routers? (Not
suggesting that is bad, just trying to understand the reason.)

Tim:>