nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level3 rwhois broken

From: Bryan Tong <contact () nullivex com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:43:24 -0700

I put together a protocol framework in Node.js

https://www.npmjs.org/package/rwhois

Its still useful for some companies.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Jeff Walter <jwalter () weebly com> wrote:

It's nice to see someone is using RWHOIS. Back when I wrote the RWHOIS
daemon for HE I spoke with Mark Kosters (one of the authors of RFC 2167). I
wish I still had the emails because at the time he was shocked anyone would
create software for something that no one really uses. I seem to recall him
calling it a waste of time ;-)

That said... I'm seeing Level 3's RWHOIS down as well. And to be honest,
they're probably not monitoring it.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <
Anybody?   Makes it a pain to perform surgical spam blocking when this
happens :)

suresh@samwise 01:52:24 <~> $ telnet rwhois.level3.net 4321
Trying 209.244.1.179...

^C

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)

--
eSited LLC
(701) 390-9638