nanog mailing list archives

Re: FTTH ONTs and routers

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:16:23 +0200

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 07:24:33 PM Aled Morris wrote:

I notice Cisco's new ME4600 ONT's come in two flavors,
one (the "Residential GateWay") with all the bells and
whistles that you'd expect in an all-in-one home router
(voice ports, small ethernet switch, wifi access point)
and another (the "Single Family Unit") that looks a lot
more basic and is likely to be deployed as a bridge.

Ah, so looks like it's been announced now - that is the
breed I was referring to; the ME4600 OLT.

Mark.