nanog mailing list archives

Re: Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP Network Neutrality

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () cable comcast com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 17:34:32 +0000

On 5/15/14, 1:28 PM, "Nick B" <nick () pelagiris org<mailto:nick () pelagiris org>> wrote:

By "categorically untrue" do you mean "FCC's open internet rules allow us to refuse to upgrade full peers"?

Throttling is taking, say, a link from 10G and applying policy to constrain it to 1G, for example. What if a peer wants
to go from a balanced relationship to 10,000:1, well outside of the policy binding the relationship? Should we just
unquestionably toss out our published policy – which is consistent with other networks – and ignore expectations for
other peers?

Jason