nanog mailing list archives

Re: why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

From: Matthias Leisi <matthias () leisi net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:11:18 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Jimmy Hess <mysidia () gmail com> wrote:

Would it make it more unique;  if I suggested creation of a new distributed
Cryptocurrency  something like 'MAILCoin'  to  track the memberships in the
club  and handle voting out of abusive mail servers:  in a distributed
manner,   to ensure that no court could ever  mandate that a certain IP
address be accepted into the club?

"voting out" - in today's world we need to assume that spammers and other
criminals have vastly more resources than what may be considered (sort of)
good guys. For the same mechanism a CPU-bound cryptocurrency is not likely
to succeed.

-- Matthias