nanog mailing list archives

Re: why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

From: "John R. Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 25 Mar 2014 20:17:35 -0400

Or he could just not like NSL and the fact the ISP's are required
to abide by them.  If people want their email going through where
it can be snooped apon that is their perogative.  Just don't force
people to have to use I-WILL-SNOOP-ISP!!!

Who said anything about being required to use your ISP's mail server? I don't think I have, ever. You need to use one with a static IP and reasonable rDNS, which could be anywhere.

Also, if the snoops are interested enough in you to drop an NSL on your ISP, you have worse problems than running your own mail server will solve.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl () iecc com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",