nanog mailing list archives

Re: turning on comcast v6

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:40:29 -0800

On Jan 6, 2014, at 10:37 , Doug Barton <dougb () dougbarton us> wrote:

On 01/04/2014 05:42 AM, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 2:12 AM, Doug Barton <dougb () dougbarton us> wrote:

If you did add default route to DHCPv6, what is then supposed to happen to
the other routes, that the client might discover?

You would configure the client not to do RS, and to ignore any RAs that it
receives. Simple.

If you are going to modify the client, you can use any method you like,

No, I can't, because the method I would like to use is not in the spec.

Doesn't have to be... You can create any local DHCPv6 extension you like. That _IS_ in the spec.

Owen