nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast thinks it ok to install public wifi in your house

From: Scott Helms <khelms () zcorum com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:37:22 -0500

It is, you only have to log in once and then it remembers your MAC
address.  Harvesting usable MAC addresses is as trivial as putting up an
open access point with the SSIDs xfinitywifi and CableWifi and recording
the MAC addresses that connect to it.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum
(678) 507-5000
http://twitter.com/kscotthelms

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM, John Peach <john-nanog () peachfamily net>