nanog mailing list archives

Re: The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:47:48 -0500

On 4/24/2014 11:37 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
The fact there are "regulated monopolies" does not mean regulation
cannot be used to keep a monopoly from forming. And using a turn of
phrase to prove a point of logic and/or history is a pretty sad
argument. Yeah, the phrase "regulated monopoly" exists, therefore
monopolies can't exist without regulation! Q.E.D. Oh, wait, got my
abbreviation wrong, I meant: W.T.F.?

Larry is confused. He can claim he is not, but posting to NANOG does
not change the facts. Then again, just because I posted to NANOG
doesn't prove I'm right either. Worst of all, this thread is pretty
non-operational now.

So believe as you please. I'm going to believe that the FCC allowing
monopolies (regulated or not) to charge content providers as they
please will be bad for me and about 300 million other Americans.

Besides, what has this to do with my original questions?

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                        of System Administrators: