nanog mailing list archives

Re: What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

From: "Mukom Akong T." <mukom.tamon () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 22:16:11 +0400

On Thursday, March 7, 2013, Antonio Querubin wrote:

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013, Mukom Akong T. wrote:

 On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Antonio Querubin <tony () lavanauts org>
wrote:

 I don't think the business case is the issue.  It is the timeline over
which the sense of urgency becomes important enough for most execs to
take
seriously.  That's still a large unknown.

Why should they care about the timeline if they aren't convinced it is
even
worth doing?

If they're convinced that it's not worth doing ever - then you're wasting
your own time.  They may think it's not worth a lot of effort over the
immediate future but if the effort is spread thinly and integrated into
regular infrastructure upgrades over a longer period of time then that's an
easier pill to swallow.

You are talking about people who have already decided its worth doing and
so they need convincing as to how early to start. I am thinking of people
who need convincing in the first place. For such people, business case is
their language, timeline comes after they are convinced

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  tony () lavanauts org
xmpp:  antonioquerubin () gmail com

--

Mukom Akong T.

http://about.me/perfexcellence |  twitter: @perfexcellent
“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran