nanog mailing list archives

RE: One of our own in the Guardian.

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () corp nac net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 00:44:21 -0400

Yet, here, where I live, only 47 road miles from New York City, I have a cable company who sells me metered (yes,
METERED) DOCSIS, for nearly $100/month, 35/3. The limitation is like 100 GB/month or something (the equivalent of the
amount of Netflix or AppleTV my kids watch in a weekend) No alternatives, no FiOS, no nothing. Well, I can get 3/.768
DSL if I please.

Someone, please help me.

Please.

Jima said: Really, who has 100/100 at home?

Oddly, those living in Grand Coulee, WA.

I went there once to setup corporate connectivity for a regional tire store.
They ordered the minimal drop, 50/50Mbs. One of the tire changers there
told me that he had 100/100 at home for $50/month.

This was a town without T-Mobile service. I had to haul out the butt set and
clip on to the business POTS lines to turn up the VPN.

Most of rural Central Washington has very good fiber connectivity. Forward
looking Public Utility Districts FTW!

--
Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474