nanog mailing list archives

RE: Mikrotik Cloud Core Router and BGP real life experiences?

From: Brandon Lehmann <brandon () bitradius com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 14:29:17 +0000

I too am curious...

We've used them for a few months as edge devices and most (if not all) *knock on wood* of the issues we've had have
been fixed by RouterOS updates, configuration changes (lots of chefs in the kitchen), or were circuit/carrier related.

While I would never compare them apples-to-apples to Cisco, Juniper, etc devices... they have, in our experience,
proven to be good inexpensive routers with a few quirks here and there.