nanog mailing list archives

Re: RPKI Pilot Participant Notice

From: Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 19:32:42 +0000

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists () gmail com> wrote:
a closer (by me) reading of:
" In order to access the
production RPKI TAL, you will first have to agree to ARIN's Relying
Party Agreement before the TAL will be emailed to you. To request the
TAL after the production release, follow this link:
http://www.arin.net/public/rpki/tal/index.xhtml";

though kinda leads me into the hole randy/richard fell into... 'to
poke the TAL and figure out where things are, you have to sign an
agreement'.

My interpretation was what Randy implied, and that ARIN
wants an agreement with everyone who gets a (presumably
unique to the agreement) TAL to protect ARIN.  That would
seem like a lot of overhead to maintain to me (since as I recall
a TAL may never, ever (ok, very rarely) change), but then
appropriate risk management has always been an interesting
thing to watch in the (potentially litigious) ARIN region.

Gary