nanog mailing list archives

Re: Big day for IPv6 - 1% native penetration

From: Bjørn Mork <bjorn () mork no>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:05:27 +0100

Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se> writes:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, mike wrote:

You're saying there are no cellular v6 deployments? I'm about 99%
certain that you're wrong. I see v6 addresses in my apache logs all
the time and they're almost definitely while they're not on wifi (my
site uploads gps data while people are skiing, so they're usually on
cellular).

I am in Europe. None of Apple och Microsoft mobile devices will do
IPv6 on the mobile side.

They won't do maps either. Does that mean that maps don't exist?
Try to keep device bugs and network deployment issues separate.

I don't know if they do special versions for
the US market, but for general 3GPP networks, it doesn't work.

IPv6 work just fine in 3GPP networks.  Also in Europe.

Bjørn