nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T Microcell Contact

From: PC <paul4004 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:03:29 -0600

I wonder why they filter by IPs anyways?

The only reason I can guess is geolocation to ensure they have a frequency
license in a given geographic area.

However my experience has been that other providers use a GPS for this
(and unfortunately, require a GPS lock to operate).  Great for a house with
a window, not so good for the basement of a building.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Christopher Morrow