nanog mailing list archives

RE: Switch designed for mirroring tap ports

From: Chris Mills <securinate () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 07:03:40 -0500

Echoing what Terry said... we use gigamon devices for this too.

-Chris
On Mar 1, 2012 5:53 AM, "Terry Baranski" <terry.baranski.list () gmail com>
wrote:

On Mar 1, 2012, at 02:13 AM, apishdadi () gmail com wrote:

Hello All,

We are looking for a switch or a device that we can use for mirroring
tap ports. For example , take a mirror port off of a core router say
a 6509, connect it to a port on said device, say port 1. I would like
then to be able to mirror port 1 on said device to multiple ports,
like port 2 , 3, 4. We have the need to analyze traffic from one port
on multiple devices. Seems most switches are limited to mirroring to a
max of 1 or 2 ports.

We like Gigamon for this purpose.

-Terry