nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spread Spectrum IP Addressing - SOURCE Address Field ROTATED|shifted? Left 2 Bits

From: Randy <randy_94108 () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 15:36:05 -0800 (PST)

From: Jimmy Hess <mysidia () gmail com>
Subject: Re: Spread Spectrum IP Addressing - SOURCE Address Field ROTATED|shifted? Left 2 Bits
To: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Cc: "nanog () nanog org" <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 2:39 PM
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Keith
Medcalf <kmedcalf () dessus com>
wrote:
Is it April already?  I though April Fools Day wasn't
until next month.
I did, I did.  I did see a snake-oil salesman!

It sounds like the "IPv3" / "IPv8"  guy crawled back
out of the woodwork.

Yeah, April fools is next month,  but that's for actual
pranks/jokes;
I suspect the poster
is actually serious,  however
misguided;   April fools is just one day
-- misguided folks
make nonsensical suggestions ~365.24219 days a year (on
average).

--
-JH

I am reminded of: "The mathematical reality of IPv4".
At least that made for interesting bed time reading...

disposition: removed.

./Randy