nanog mailing list archives

Re: LAw Enforcement Contact

From: TR Shaw <tshaw () oitc com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 20:29:59 -0500

On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:19 PM, bmanning () vacation karoshi com wrote:

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 07:16:39PM -0600, A. Pishdadi wrote:
Hello,

We recently tracked down a botnet that attacked our network. We found the
C&C server, it has approximately 40-50 servers, consisting of mostly *nix
machines with high speed connections, for example AWS servers or dedicated,
attack capacity is 4-5Gb/s or more. Is there any contacts with law
enforcement here that I can send over the info too?

.

      Sure is.  Check with your local FBI office.

Do you know how responsive and effective that is out here in rural america? usually nada even if you can even find
someone who speaks tech.

I gave my local a C&C complete with location in Phoenix and details on all the Italian bank intercepts that were stored
there (open directory) and 2 weeks later it was still operating.

Tom