nanog mailing list archives

Re: time sink 42

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:17:11 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Auer" <kauer () biplane com au>

If you can't find such tape for your model of label maker, you will need
fingernails and either a very good sense of touch or good eyesight.

Fold one of the corners of the label, just a tiny corner, back towards
the backing paper, then forward. The backing paper will come off that
tiny corner. Use the aforementioned fingernails to get under the label
at that point. It's usually easier to grip the label than the backing
paper, because the label is a little sticky underneath.

Some people say you should fold forward then back. Some people use a
penknife instead of a fingernail.

It matters which way you bend, because of the relative stiffness of the
paper and the plastic; you have to bend *towards* the paper, which will stay
folded, away from the plastic.

And I have effectively no fingernails, and that method works well enough for
me.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com