nanog mailing list archives

Re: Do Not Complicate Routing Security with Voodoo Economics

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 10:04:36 -0400

On Sep 4, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

I have worked for more then one transit free network, and have work
with people from (most) of the rest, we always prefer cust over peer,
every time.

again, more than one of the world's largest providers prefer peers.  and
even if they wanted to change, it would be horribly anti-pola to the
affected customers, like white hot wires.  and one just does not do that
to customers.

I repeat, you are obviously talking about a small subset of customers, right?  Please clarify.

Because I know customers of all 14 transit free networks, and these customers all believe the network is preferring
their routes unless the customer sends a community to override that preference.

--
TTFN,
patrick