nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDoS - CoD?

From: Greg Chalmers <gchalmers () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 18:14:26 +1000

Could be legitimate CoD servers responding to a spoofed query? How much
traffic are you talking about out of curiosity?

Regards
Greg

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:03 PM, BH <lists () blackhat bz> wrote:

On 6/09/2011 4:00 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
I've seen DDoS traffic on UDP/80 as far back as 2002
Hi Roland,

I should be a bit more clear sorry, I too have frequently seen attacks
on 80/udp but mainly as a source (eg. compromised hosting accounts)
rather than the destination. I didn't in the past do a packet capture,
but I lookes at a couple of scripts and the data was usually randm or
just AAAAAA etc. The thing that perplexed me is why it appears to be
Call of Duty data more than anything...

Thanks