nanog mailing list archives

Re: Had an idea - looking for a math buff to tell me if it's possible with today's technology.

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 06:08:17 -0700

In a message written on Wed, May 18, 2011 at 09:52:22PM -0500, Brett Frankenberger wrote:
That will work.  Of course, the CPU usage will be overwhelming --
longer than the age of the universe to do a large file -- but,
theoretically, with enough CPU power, it will work.

You have a different definition of "work" than I do.  If it can't finish
before the universe ends I don't think it works. :)

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440