nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix Is Eating Up More Of North America's Bandwidth Than Any Other Company

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 18:01:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 May 2011, Brielle Bruns wrote:

If someone hadn't mentioned already, there used to be a usenet provider that delivered a full feed via Satellite. Anything is feasible, just have to find people who actually want/need it and a provider that isn't blind to long term benefits.

Skycache/Cidera...until it didn't fit anymore in the bandwidth they had. IIRC, it was only around 28mbps.

Also, IIRC, that "business" was a sort of after thought after their original plan (squid cache pre-population) didn't pan out.

Anyone want to buy some Skycache chopsticks? I think I still have a few unopened sets from whichever late 90s ISPCon I went to in San Jose, CA...Skycache rented out some museum for a sushi party.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |