nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and IPv6

From: Jim Gettys <jg () freedesktop org>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 14:25:08 -0400

On 05/14/2011 01:59 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
dditional carrier NAT in the future.

I've been on IPv6 for a long time. When I started with IPv6, the only applications (to use the term loosely) that understood v6 were ping6 and traceroute6. These days, I think the only thing I wouldn't be able to do over IPv6 is print.
And I've been able to print using IPv6 on the $200 HP ethernet/wireless printer I bought over 18 months ago...

Times are changing.

But we have to get naming squared away. Typing IPv6 addresses is for the birds, and having everyone have to go fuss with a DNS provider isn't a viable solution.
            - Jim