nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6? Why, you are the first one to ask for it!

From: Jason Bertoch <jason () i6ix com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:42:28 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Bonser" <gbonser () seven com>

I could buy that if it weren't for the fact that it took two days to
come back with that answer. An off the cuff "wow, nobody has ever
asked me that before, I need to check on it" would have been
understandable for a new rep. Two days later coming back with "gee, we
really haven't had anyone ask about that before" is bogus.

I am not trying to beat anyone up here, the point is a general one for
the providers out there. If you can't offer v6, say so, don't try to
dance around it and pretend that customer is the only one on the
planet with a migration plan because we know better.

At this point, I'd even settle for a lie from one of my upstreams.  I've asked the local tech folks a couple of times
over the last year or so, on top of a request to our sales rep, without even a single response to the question of "do
you support v6 yet and, if not, what's your timeline?".

--
/Jason