nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ipv6 for the content provider

From: Loránd Jakab <ljakab () ac upc edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:13:48 +0100

On 01/26/2011 07:46 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
Do I just need to assign ip addresses to my servers, add AAAA records to
my DNS server and that's it? I'm running PowerDNS for DNS, Apache for
WWW. Postfix for SMTP.

It might be that simple, it might not. Depends on your application.

For the DNS and Mail, it should be pretty much that simple. I don't know
about the state of Postfix (don't use it), but, sendmail has been IPv6
ready for years and I'm running with it no problem.

I run a low traffic mail server with Postfix, and setting up IPv6 was as
easy as adding AAAA records for the MX-es and enabling 'inet_protocols =
all' in main.cf

-Lorand Jakab