nanog mailing list archives

Re: It's the end of IPv4 as we know it... and I feel fine..

From: Barney Wolff <barney () databus com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:36:27 -0500

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 10:26:16AM +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:

But please have them daisy chain CPE devices so that they are in
the X% that have more than one CPE devices connected today.  I agree
it should just work.  I've seen more that one household of non geeks
with multiple CPE devices.

e.g.
              cable/adsl CPE wired CPE wireless

When I do that, I use a lan port on CPE2 rather than the wan port.
Using CPE2 as just a switch rather than a router/natbox makes life
much simpler.

--
Barney Wolff         I never met a computer I didn't like.