nanog mailing list archives

Re: dynamic or static IPv6 prefixes to residential customers

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 15:50:26 -0700

On Aug 2, 2011, at 3:37 PM, james machado wrote:

Yes I am saying a household that mulithomes is abnormal and with
today's and contracted monopolies I expect that to continue.  You are
not a normal household in that 1) you multihome 2) you are willing to
pay $1500+ US a year for your own AS, IP assignments

while I don't disagree with the assertion that this is unrealistic the annual fee is $100 per org-id for direct
assignments.

sorry was unclear - I was guessing $1500+ for ASnumer + IP Assignments
but not counting  ISP costs for a year.  Looks like ARIN is charging
about $1250 per year for a new IPv6 assignment and the AS yearly cost
is rolled into that.  Granted ISP costs will probably be in the
ballpark of  $150 per month for 2 consumer grade connections and more
for business or better connections.

multihomed end users (e.g. generally businesses) are not ISPs they pay only once for the assignment, and annually only
$100 in total to maintain their orgid.

https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html

James