nanog mailing list archives

RE: Comcast's 6to4 Relays

From: Antonio Querubin <tony () lavanauts org>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:53:48 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Bhoomi Jain wrote:

To give you an idea, a lot of the Internet in India depends on the service of the Tata companies, with international routing coming from Tata Communications AS 6453. Announcing 192.88.99.0/24 to 6453 as a customer, I would worry about its treatment as BGP best-path, in place of closer 6to4 relays. As you understand, these circuits are very far away, and also very full. This is not something I would recommend.

Perhaps you should try convincing Tata to setup their own 6to4 relay so they can provide a better experience for their own customers who, for whatever reason, may not be able to get or use native IPv6 for quite some time.

--
Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  tony () lavanauts org