nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast's 6to4 Relays

From: Martin Millnert <millnert () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:22:06 -0400

John,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Brzozowski, John
<John_Brzozowski () cable comcast com> wrote:
Folks,

Since deploying our 6to4 relays, Comcast has observed a substantial
reduction in the latency associated with the use of 6to4. As such we are
contemplating further opening our relays for use by others. The
availability of our 6to4 relays should improve the experience of others
using 6to4 as a means to access content and services over IPv6.

I think it is a correct and welcome move on the north american
internet market and that it will improve 6to4 performance there as
6to4 is phased out.

Regards,
Martin