nanog mailing list archives

Re: Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized Traffic?

From: sthaug () nethelp no
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:28:21 +0200 (CEST)

Will the provider unbundle the components so that it's feasible for a
niche vendor to sell me custom connection services?

No?

Then the provider doesn't get to decide.

It's about control. As the customer, the guy with the green, I should
have it. A combination of decisions on the provider's part which
strips me of control is unacceptable.

You want prioritization? Give me unbundling. You don't want to
unbundle? Don't mess with my packets.

If you want control: Don't buy the cheapest commodity product.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug () nethelp no