nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network management software with high detailed traffic report

From: Sergey Voropaev <serge.devorop () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:36:34 +0300

We use a several connections to the financial providers. This connections
are low bandwidth (up to 2 Mbps). This connections used by a number of front
end services from a nubmer of departments and we could not differentiate its
and configure QoS. But from time to time some one produce an extremely  high
traffic spikes (less than 30 seconds) without congestion avoidance
mechanisms. Our task - is to find such applications and report to management
and developers a problem. Also if we'll be aware about it we could configure
QoS.