nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network management software with high detailed traffic report

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 09:51:43 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010, Sergey Voropaev wrote:

We are using cisco switches like as 3750, 6500 etc. So there is no
fairqueue.

How are the 2M connections connected to these ethernet switches?

Makes me wonder if it wouldn't be a better opex solution to actually put a CPU platform between the L3 switches and these 2M connections so you can do hierarchical shaping and prioritize the traffic you really need (and do fair-queue at the same time). An 1841 would do the job for instance.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se