nanog mailing list archives

Re: Introducing draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:24:36 +0100

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 18:33, Daniel Hagerty <hag () linnaean org> wrote:

   Ambiguating usages like "Take the least signifigant quad of that
ipv6 address" to mean either 16 bits or 64 bits, when it currently is
unamibigously 64 bits won't make the lives of C/C++ programmers
writing IPv6 code any easier.

Agreed.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. Comments like this are incredibly
valuable to me. I think I will still add quad to -03 as it has been
requested a lot of times, but more to point out and document that
there is a significant problem with it than anything else.

Thanks again,
Richard