nanog mailing list archives

Re: NSP-SEC

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:19:46 +0200

On 3/20/10 10:06 PM, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:
Same exercise can be repeated for most vendors you can choose.

I would counter argue by quoting this article :

I made it a goal in life to study many things, among them rhetoric. Another is culture.

One basic question you should ask yourself is: who is your audience? Another would be, what is your goal?

Is your purpose to counter-argue, or to ask a follow-up question such as "is Cisco responsive to reports?" or "what do I do if a network vendor is not responsive?"

I had many challenges when I first joined this list due to cultural bias and the way Israelis use language, but these are behind me now and whatever misunderstandings happen these days, they are about content.

It seems to me like your mind-set is of rebuttal rather than inquiry. I'd hate for you to suffer through what miscommunication can lead to on a list of techies.

Your language leads people to treat you as a troll, although so far many folks here have been very nice in their answers, giving you the benefit of the doubt.

        Gadi.

--
Gadi Evron,
ge () linuxbox org.