nanog mailing list archives

Re: IP4 Space

From: Mark Newton <newton () internode com au>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:00:22 +1030

On 05/03/2010, at 12:25 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

The most we could achieve would be to extend IPv4 freepool lifespan
by roughly 26 days. Given the amount of effort sqeezing useful
addresses out of such a conversion would require, I proffer that
such effort is better spent moving towards IPv6 dual stack on your
networks.

... and, unstated behind that, is the observation that pretty much any
proposed effort to squeeze more time out of IPv4 will inevitably have
the same answer :-)

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton () internode com au (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  newton () atdot dotat org  (H)