nanog mailing list archives

Re: Posting from freebie E-mail Accounts

From: "Mark Foster" <blakjak () blakjak net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:01:47 +1300 (NZDT)

On Wed, March 31, 2010 4:42 pm, Andrew D Kirch wrote:
Is there anyone here who is legitimate using a freebie webmail account?
I am proposing that the NANOG administration drop everything originating
from commonly used webmail providers, and add further RHS filters as
additional providers are identified as problems.

I've found that most folks administering mailing lists tend to advocate
that folks use a personal email address on them, not a professional one,
as it tends to free the list from a glut of 'Out of Office' notices,
rediculously long disclaimer footers, and other such things; this seems
particularly relevant for NANOG.

With that in mind and noting a goodly number of folks using gmail, among
others, i'm not sure the cost:benefit would be there?

There's other ways to moderate content on a mailing list....